Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WORDS

I've always been a true believer that words are powerful. That they affect how we end up perceiving things and situations. 
For example if I were to go to an activity/party that I think will definatly suck, guess what most likely it will- because of my attitude. I am already thinking it will be boring and unenjoyable. And this same concept applies to everything at least for me. 


Words. These codes, sounds and vibrations that have meaning to us also affect us deeply. As I was receiving a neurology class (about the brain) yesterday, the teacher spoke how words impact the brain. As he went on explaining I was like "yeah yeah you're right" not paying much attention since I already knew how strong they are- or so I thought. He went forth and did an example on a classmate, which I won't go into detail because it is hard to explain, but in a matter of minutes he proved how words (positive and negative) affect us deeply in seconds. I was amazed. I will tell you this, words affect our physical strength, how we behave, how we perceive the things around us... 
So important note to self and you: Remind yourself and others their/your good qualities often.  
Our brain only has the capability of receiving and perceiving the stimulations it receives. It has no sense of humor, it doesn't know that insults are not be believed in. Tell yourself you are capable of doing things and you will, that this party will be a good experience, etc! Basically be positive for your sake. Paint yourself in confidence. 


And though I am not Buddhist, I love this verse said by Siddhartha Gotoma (Buddah): "Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care, for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."  


And whether you believe in God or not Proverbs 16:24 says
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. This is exactly my point, speak/think/be positive words and see the change in your life. Seriously God knows his stuff. 


We are as strong/weak, boring/fun, special/worthless as we think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment